Happy Sunday friends! Today I’m sharing a recipe for how to make Vegan Coconut Flour Pancakes! They are gluten-free, beautifully fluffy, and so easy to make! All-in-all it’s a delicious vegan pancake recipe to enjoy for Sunday brunch. (I’ll be making myself another batch after this post)
Now that the secret is out about my pregnancy (Woohoo!), I can tell you that I have been craving pancakes! And so, I wanted to make a healthier version that I could enjoy guilt-free. I’ve been making up a batch of these pancakes frequently, and sometimes I even make them for dinner. (No judging the pregnant lady! hehe).
So, let me tell you how to make these Vegan Coconut Flour Pancakes, so that you can enjoy them pronto.
Vegan Coconut Flour Pancakes Recipe
These pancakes are:
- fluffy and light
- has a hint of coconut flavour from the flour
- easy to make
I you love all of the above then I know you’re going to love making these coconut flour pancakes! Cooking with coconut flour is a great gluten-free option and adds a lovely flavour to baked goods. However, it’s more dense than other gluten-free flours so it can’t be used as a direct substitute in gluten-free recipes. A little coconut flour goes a long way.
I find the best way to use coconut flour in recipes is to mix it with other gluten-free flours for the most optimal taste and texture. For this recipe, I’ve mixed it with a gluten-free baking flour. The result is fluffy and moist pancakes with the perfect texture and just the right about of coconut flavour.
In fact, this pancake recipe took 3 rounds of recipe development to get just right – so I can confidently say it was tested until perfect.
If you’re new to cooking with coconut flour, Ambitious Kitchen has a great blog post for how to cook with coconut flour and what to expect when using it.
How to make Coconut Flour Pancakes:
My preference for making these coconut flour pancakes is to make the batter in a blender. This will ensure the batter is smooth in consistency with the right texture throughout. To make, toss all your ingredients into a high speed blender, and blend until smooth and thick, about 1 minute.
Next, we will bring a non-stick skillet to medium heat and spray lightly with a bit of coconut oil or olive oil. When hot, scoop 2 heaping tablespoons onto the skillet and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until golden brown on the bottom and little bubbles begin to form on the top of the pancake. Flip and cook the other side for another couple minutes until golden.
I also served these pancakes with my Strawberry Chia Jam. I love serving my pancakes with fruity jam and a little bit of maple syrup to drizzle. You could also serve the pancakes with freshly chopped berries and banana.
How to keep pancakes warm:
You might be wondering how to keep your pancakes warm while you cook them! To do this, simply heat your oven to 200F/100C and add the cooked pancakes to a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Stash in the oven until all the pancakes are made and you’re ready to serve.
Other recipes you might like:
If you’re digging this recipe, you might also like these:
- Fluffy Vegan Banana Pancakes
- 1-bowl Vegan Banana Oat Pancakes
- Vegan Crepes
- Overnight French Toast Bake
- Vegan Coffee Cake
So there we have it! A delicious recipe for fluffy vegan coconut flour pancakes that I know you’ll adore. They are sweet and comforting, light, fluffy, vegan and gluten-free. Enjoy whipping up these beauts for breakfast and brunch with your loved ones.
If you do make this recipe please let me know in the comments below what you think! I truly love hearing from you, and I’m always here to answer any questions you might have. And of course, tag me on Instagram with your pictures using the hashtag #twospoons. Nothing makes me happier than to see your recreations.
Vegan Coconut Flour Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup mashed banana (1/2 medium banana)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup gluten-free baking flour
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (more for serving)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- pinch sea salt
- splash coconut oil or olive oil, for greasing
- strawberry chia jam optional for serving
- In a high-speed blender, combine the almond milk, mashed banana, coconut flour, gluten-free baking flour, natural peanut butter, maple syrup, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt. Blend until smooth.
- Lightly grease a large non-stick skillet with coconut oil over medium heat. Give the batter a good stir, then pour the batter into the pan in 2 heaping tablespoon portions, cooking 2 or 3 at a time. Cook until little tiny bubbles cover the surface of the pancakes and the bottom is golden brown, about 2 minutes. Flip and continue to cook until also golden brown on the bottom, about 2 minutes more. Add more oil to the pan as needed to keep the pancakes from sticking.
VEGAN – GLUTEN-FREE – SOY-FREE – REFINED SUGAR-FREE