Tis the season for CHOCOLATE! So today I’m sharing exactly that. Say hello to my ultra lush and decadent Chocolate Fudge Brownies with Homemade Strawberry Jam.
These bad boy brownies are completely vegan and gluten-free, although you’d never guess it taking a bite. They are ultra fudgy and rich, and are totally going to have all you “mmmmm-ing” from the first to last bite. In fact, I know these fudgy vegan brownies are a hit because I made a batch for my dad and husband, while my dad was visiting us, and they both scarfed down the entire lot.
To give you some context, my husband isn’t a big desserts guy, but nevertheless he ate three in one sitting. On the other hand my dad loves sweet treats (he married my mother who is British, code for master baker). Growing up we were never on shortage for homemade baked goods. So when he scarfed down multiple brownies down in delight I was pretty proud of myself. Suffice to say, if these brownies can compete with my mum’s baking, then I must have done something right.
What I love about these vegan brownies is their texture. They are nicely crisp on the top, while the inside is moist and fudgy. In fact, the inside is oozing with chopped chocolate chunks making for a oozy gooey bite of rich chocolate every time. But don’t doubt for a second that the chocolate celebration stops there, I’ve also added a whole cup of cocoa powder to the mixture to make them ultra rich and chocolatey. Absolute heaven!
These brownies are nothing short of magic. But the homemade strawberry jam to top really takes them to the next level. After all, is there any better combo than chocolate and strawberries? I think not. And I am totally in love with this homemade strawberry jam! The recipe is as easy at they come for a homemade jam. Simply combine strawberries, chia seeds, agave and vanilla. Simmer in a saucepan until thick and gooey and you’re looking at heaven in a jar. It’s so versatile too! I’ve used it to top on toast, and in my Overnight Bircher Bowls with PB and Jam.
If you’re looking to indulge this season than these vegan Chocolate Fudge Brownies with Homemade Strawberry Jam were made for you. They make for an irresistable sweet treat for a holiday gathering, or any occasion for that matter. Because what’s a party without chocolate? And, if you do make this recipe please let me know in the comments below what you think! I love hearing from you. And of course, tag me on Instagram with the hashtag #twospoons. Nothing makes me happier than to see your recreations.
Chocolate Fudge Brownies with Homemade Strawberry Jam
- 4 tbsp ground chia (or ground flax)
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp water
- 2/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup demerara sugar (or raw cane sugar)
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp sea salt finely ground
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup homemade strawberry jam (or jam of choice)
- Combine ground chia and water in a bowl. Whisk to combine. Wait at least 10 minutes for consistency to become egg-like.
- In a saucepan melt coconut oil, add demerara sugar, and coconut sugar and vanilla. Add chia egg and stir to combine until liquid in texture.
- Sift cocoa powder and coconut flour into a large mixing bowl, add baking powder and sea salt and mix to combine. Then pour in liquid mixture. Stir to combine, but don’t over mix. Add semi-sweet dark chocolate chunks and stir again to combine.
- Preheat oven to 350F/175C. Line a baking dish with parchment paper and pour brownie mix into dish (I used a 7x7 inch baking dish), smooth with spatula to even. Bake brownies for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the brownie comes out clean. Let cool before cutting.
- Cut brownies into squares and top with heaping spoonfuls of strawberry jam.
VEGAN – VEGETARIAN – WHEAT-FREE – GLUTEN-FREE – DAIRY-FREE – SOY-FREE