Welcome to TWO SPOONS! My name is Hannah and I started this blog to bring you plant-based recipes worth sharing. My recipes are intended for everyone to enjoy; whether you’re vegan, or simply trying to incorporate more plants into your diet.
This blog will show you how to create delicious plant-based recipes that don’t compromise on taste.
A little about me
I was born and raised in Toronto, Canada. And recently spent four years living abroad in France.
I won’t lie, being vegan in France was not easy. In a country where cheese, charcuterie, and foie gras is rooted in tradition, let’s just say my plant-based diet wasn’t always embraced. Explaining my diet at restaurants often resulted in confused servers, and one time resulted in receiving half a cooked carrot as my main course. What they did with the other half I’ll never know…
With that said, living in France certainly enhanced my cooking and how I think about food – from how it’s grown, to market/local shopping and how it’s served on your table. For that I am eternally grateful.
It’s no secret that the French way of life revolves around good food and drink at every occasion, no matter how big or small. And this mantra has lived on my cooking to make each meal worth celebrating, be it a simple creamy chia pudding or a savoury mushroom risotto.
I love to share recipes that are simple to create, fun, and full of flavour. Eating plant-based should never compromise on taste.
Certainly, food is my love language. And I love spending every waking minute thinking, cooking, and creating delicious recipes for my loved ones.
I believe that anyone can cook plant-based! In fact, I’m a self taught cook and food photographer. So trust me when I say that If I can do it, you can too.
But you might be wondering why I decided to go plant-based? It’s a long story, so I’ll try and keep it short.
Why I went plant-based
My plant-based journey started in my early 20s, when I lost my first boyfriend, and my first love, to cancer. It was a very stressful time and I ended up developing IBS and other gut health problems.
It was recommended by GI specialists to take pills for the rest of my life, to keep my digestion in check. Which I tried at first, but after a year of struggle I turned to food for medicine.
I cut out many foods, including processed foods, dairy, gluten and refined sugars. It was really difficult at first because I didn’t know how to cook for this new diet, but it taught me how to make healthy and wholesome meals that allowed my body to heal, and led me to the world of plant-based eating.
With this lifestyle change my stomach problems began to vanish, I suddenly had more energy, I could think clearer, and weaned off the pills. Since then, I’ve introduced some foods back into my diet, like whole grains, but I’ve chosen to continue a plant-based lifestyle because of it’s benefits to health, humanity and the environment.
After watching my body thrive on plants, and opening my eyes to factory farming, animal suffering, and its effects on our environment; plant-based eating has never seemed more right for me.
Why the name “TWO SPOONS”?
These are plant-based recipes worth sharing! When you’re dining out, and the waiter brings you a gorgeous dessert, they always accompany it with an extra spoon. That’s because they know your sig. other, or your bestie will be pining for a bite. Certainly, you won’t be alone in enjoying these recipes.
My hope is to inspire you to try my plant-based recipes without compromising on taste. And to feel good about what you’re putting in your body. Whether you’re entirely plant-based, or looking to incorporate more plants into your diet.
My hope is to support our efforts to make the world a little healthier, greener and more humane. If I can inspire just a recipe a day, that’s a big win for me.
And, what I know for sure is that these plant-based recipes are worth sharing. Always best served, with two spoons.
MY WORK, PRESS etc.
- Best of Vegan, Contributor
- Simply Gluten-free Magazine, Writer
- One Green Planet, Food Monster Recipe Contributor
- Toronto Star, Everyone is talking about aquafaba — here’s why this ingredient is so genius, and how to make it at home
- Plantbased Magazine, 10 minutes with Hannah Sunderani
- THRIVE magazine, The Summer Food Issue, Summer 2020, Volume 28, 6-page spread feature
- The Plant Remedy Podcast, Taking A Chance On Yourself with Hannah Sunderani (Two Spoons)
- THRIVE magazine, The Big Food Issue, Winter 2019, Volume 25, 12-page spread feature
- IMPACT magazine, Canada, Nov/Dec 2019, Winter, recipe feature
- Recipe contributor Coconut Bowls e-book: A Sustainable Plant-Based Christmas (recipe chosen for cover page image)
- Recipe contributor Healthy Vegan Desserts e-book: 14-Day Meal Plan
- The Beginnings: 9 Healthy, Delicious & Vegan Recipes To Try this Autumn
- Kitchen Confessions Podcast: Interview with Two Spoons
- Simply Gluten-free Magazine, September/October 2019: Veggie Noodles feature article
- ORIGIN magazine, Summer Issue 2019: Well Fed feature article
- Simply Gluten-free Magazine, The Spring Issue 2019: Sweet as Springtime feature article
- Cooking Green Goodness, Jan. 2019: Recipes for your wellness featuring TWO SPOONS
- Alive, Nov/Dec issue 2018: Pure Magic Plant-Based Foods feature Q&A w/ TWO SPOONS
- Simply Gluten-free Magazine, Nov/Dec issue 2018: Decadent Desserts for the Holidays feature article
- Better Homes and Gardens, Delicious Thanksgiving Dinner Ideas from Your Favorite Bloggers
- We Get to Know, podcast: Hannah Sunderani, the plant-based blogger behind Two Spoons
- THRIVE magazine, U.S. spring issue 2018: TWO SPOONS feature article
- IMPACT magazine, Canada, March/April 2018, recipe feature
- VegByte, Recipe Round Up, featured recipes
- Yo Home, featured article: Breaky in Bed
- Hello! Fashion, U.K., June edition: The Blog Chart, digital age influencers
- THRIVE magazine, U.S., summer issue 2017: TWO SPOONS feature article
- Brit + Co, featured article: Start your morning off with these 12 porridge upgrades
- Well + Good, featured article: Wait, When Did Vegan Treats Become So Unbelievably Gorgeous?
- Live Well Collective, featured article: 5 Plant-Based Pantry Staples
- Canada Food Blogger, 7-Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge
- Nutrimin Canada, 5 Delicious Vegan Alternative Recipes
- Savant Magazine, How to Prep a Killer Vegan Thanksgiving Feast? We Consulted Blogger Hannah Sunderani
- Instagram features:
@kayla_itsines, @toneitup, @kelseywells, @foodandwine, @wholefoods, @thrivemags, @bestofvegan, @letscookvegan, @healthycuisines, @jillianmichaels, @food_glooby, @thefeedfeed, @thefeedfeed.vegan, @a.healthy.nut, @veganworldshare, @worldwideveganfood, @veganvultures and more…
For inquiries relating to recipe development, food styling, sponsored posts, creative collaboration, events, and the like, use the contact form below OR send me an email at [email protected]. You can also find me on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
“At bamboo bamboo we have a reputation for creating remarkable products which delight our customers, and we hope to replicate this experience when working with partners. Hannah is an amazing blend of creativity, professionalism and understanding, The results achieved by working with Hannah are still being enjoyed by our customers today around the world . We look forward to working with Hannah again!”
Joel Parks, CEO and Founder, bamboo bamboo
“In one word, Hannah’s work is fresh. In many words, it’s vibrant, youthful, fun, healthy, and mouth-watering! Her photography and recipes have been a wonderful addition to some of our magazine issues and we’re happy to have her as a contributing writer. She goes that extra mile by adding gorgeous details to her food styling, like the vintage mug in her Gourmet Hot Chocolate recipe she made for our November/December issue. Hannah has been on time with her deadlines and delivers exactly what’s promised, with plenty of photos for our designer to choose from. Working with Hannah is a joy!”
Malory Speir, Editor of Simply Gluten Free magazine
“Working with Hannah was delightful. Her communication was timely and informative as well as always friendly. She was able to keep me in the loop of all her plans throughout the campaign. Her photos where stunning and produced great results for our brand.”
Emily Koch, Jord Watches
“Cela fait plusieurs mois que nous sommes partenaires avec Hannah.
Son univers et ses recettes sont entièrement en accord avec les valeurs que nous souhaitons transmettre avec nos produits. Hannah est très agréable, ses recettes sont véritablement bien réalisées et toujours en accord avec ce qu’elle défend. J’espère de tout coeur que les collaborations entre Quintesens et Twospoons se poursuivront encore longtemps!”
Claire Cohaut, Chargée de communication et web marketing, Quintesens