Welcome to TWO SPOONS! My name is Hannah and I started this blog to bring you plant-based recipes worth sharing. My recipes are intended for everyone to enjoy; whether you’re entirely plant-based, or looking for more plant-based recipes to incorporate into your diet. These recipes keep everyone in mind, from the vegan skeptics to the vegan veterans.
A little about me?
I was born and raised in Canada, but currently live in France with my husband, Mitch. Being plant-based in France is a bit of a struggle, but I’ve been exceptionally inspired by the quality and care that’s placed on food in France. I’m surrounded by expert cooks, who share a binding passion for locally sourced, fresh, and wholesome ingredients that satiate our bodies.
My plant-based journey started in my early 20s, when I lost my first boyfriend, and my first love, to cancer. It was a very stressful time in my life and I ended up developing serious stomach problems. I visited a few GI specialists who all diagnosed me with IBS, and I was told I’d have to pop pills for the rest of my life to keep my digestion in check. It felt so debilitating, and after about a year of struggle I decided to search for another solution; turning to food for medicine. I cut out many foods including processed foods, dairy, gluten and refined sugars. It was really difficult at first because I didn’t know how to eat for this new lifestyle, but it taught me how to cook healthy and wholesome meals that allowed my body to heal, and eventually led me to the world of plant-based eating.
With this lifestyle change my stomach problems began to vanish, I suddenly had more energy, I could think clearer, and I was able to wean off the pills. Since then, I’ve introduced some foods back into my diet, like whole grains, but I’ve chosen to continue a plant-based lifestyle because of it’s benefits to health, humanity and the environment. After watching my body thrive on plants, and opening my eyes and ears to the silenced world of factory farming and its effects on our environment, plant-based eating has never seemed more right for me. It helped me to love myself and to love others.
To live and let live.
Why the name “TWO SPOONS”?
Because this blog offers plant-based recipes worth sharing! When you’re at a delicious restaurant, and the waiter brings you a gorgeous dessert, they always accompany it with an extra spoon. That’s because they know your sig. other, or your best friend will be pining for a bite. You won’t be alone in enjoying these recipes.
My hope is to inspire you to try my plant-based recipes, to experience how delicious this lifestyle can be, and to feel happy about what we put in our bodies. Whether you’re entirely plant-based, transitioning, or willing to do more. My hope is to support our efforts to make the world a little healthier, greener and more humane. If I can inspire even the littlest amount of change that’s a big win for me.
And, what I know for sure is that these plant-based recipes are worth sharing. Always best served, with two spoons.
Live and let live.
MY WORK, PRESS etc.
- We Get to Know, podcast: Hannah Sunderani, the plant-based blogger behind Two Spoons
- THRIVE magazine, U.S. spring issue 2018: TWO SPOONS feature article
- IMPACT magazine, Canada, March/April 2018, recipe feature
- VegByte, Recipe Round Up, featured recipes
- Yo Home, featured article: Breaky in Bed
- Hello! Fashion, U.K., June edition: The Blog Chart, digital age influencers
- THRIVE magazine, U.S., summer issue 2017: TWO SPOONS feature article
- Well + Good, featured article: Wait, When Did Vegan Treats Become So Unbelievably Gorgeous?
- Live Well Collective, featured article: 5 Plant-Based Pantry Staples
- Canada Food Blogger, 7-Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge
- Nutrimin Canada, 5 Delicious Vegan Alternative Recipes
- Savant Magazine, How to Prep a Killer Vegan Thanksgiving Feast? We Consulted Blogger Hannah Sunderani
- One Green Planet, Food Monster Recipe Contributor
- feedfeed, Editor, Vegan Entertaining
- Instagram features:
@kayla_itsines, @toneitup, @kelseywells, @foodandwine, @wholefoods, @thrivemags, @bestofvegan, @letscookvegan, @healthycuisines, @jillianmichaels, @food_glooby, @thefeedfeed, @thefeedfeed.vegan, @a.healthy.nut, @veganworldshare, @worldwideveganfood, @veganvultures and more…