Looking for the very best vegan gluten-free waffle recipe? Well, here’s your winner. Made with gluten-free oats and gluten-free flour, these waffles are light, crispy, airy, naturally sweet and nutty in flavour. They’re a wonderful sweet breakfast to enjoy on the weekend, when you have a little more time to relax and enjoy. Certainly, there is no better way to start the morning than these warm and comforting waffles.
Personally, I love oat waffles because they’re more flavour to traditional waffles. They are nuttier in flavour with a natural sweetness. You can enjoy these waffles on their own, or add your favourite toppings. I like maple syrup and chia jam.
In addition to the oats, I’ve also used a gluten-free flour blend to make this recipe not just vegan, but entirely gluten-free too. All-in-all the it’s a simple waffle recipe with less than 10 ingredients.
Now, let me tell you exactly how to make these vegan gluten-free oat waffles so you can enjoy them pronto!
What I love most about this recipe is just how simple it is. This recipe requires less than 10 ingredients, and prep is easy. For this recipe you will need:
- gluten-free all-purpose flour blend
- gluten-free oats
- arrowroot powder (or corn starch)
- coconut sugar
- baking powder
- oat milk (or almond milk)
- apple cider vinegar
- neutral oil
Toss into a blender and mix to combine. Now you’ve got a fluffy batter to make gluten-free waffles with.
Tips for making this recipe
As I mentioned above, these vegan gluten-free waffles are easy to make. But a few tips will help you nail this waffle recipe every time.
First of all, it’s best let your batter rest and thicken. I like to leave mine for at least 30 minutes. Or, ideally one hour. If the batter gets too thick, feel free to add splashes more oat milk. The batter should be thick, but a tad runny. Like pancake batter.
Secondly, gluten-free waffle batter takes a bit longer to cook than normal batter. So, you might like to give your waffle an extra minute in your waffle machine. Now, each waffle maker will have different recommended cooking times, so check your machine’s recommendations.
The waffle maker I used is by Cuisinart, and a green light comes on after about 3-4 minutes. However, since it’s a gluten-free batter I leave mine for one minute extra for a more golden waffle.
Other recipes you might like
If you’re digging these vegan gluten-free oat waffles, you might also like these cozy breakfast recipes:
- 1-bowl vegan banana oat pancakes
- Vegan lemon chia pancakes
- Maple apple butter oatmeal
- Raspberry oat muffins
- Fried apple and almond butter oatmeal
Shop my Kitchen
I’m often always asked what items I like to use in the kitchen. So, I’ve included my favourites for making this recipe below. You can also find more of my favourite kitchen essentials and products on my Shop page.
(commissions earned as an affiliate. I only recommend products I know and love).
Cuisinart WAF-V100 wafflemaker, Silver
This is the waffle maker I used to make this recipe.
This is the blender I use. But any standard blender will work with this recipe.
And there we have it, a very easy vegan and gluten-free oat waffle recipe. No doubt, these gluten-free waffles are light, crisp, airy, naturally sweet and nutty in flavour. They’re so tasty that they can be enjoyed on their own. But feel free to customize the toppings to your favourites. Enjoy this gluten-free waffle recipe for a cozy weekend breakfast with your loved ones. I’m sure they will love it as much as we do.
And, if you do make this recipe please let me know in the comments below what you think! I love hearing from you. And of course, tag me on Instagram with the hashtag #twospoons. Nothing makes me happier than to see your recreations.
Vegan Gluten-free Oat Waffles
- 1 1/2 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour blend
- 1 cup oats
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder (or corn starch)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2.5 cups oat milk + 1/2 cup more for thinning (or use almond milk)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup neutral oil + 1 tbsp (ex. avocado oil, coconut oil or rapeseed)
- pinch sea salt
- In a blender add gluten-free flour, oats, arrowroot powder, coconut sugar and baking powder.
- Combine 2.5 cups oat milk with apple cider vinegar, mix well. Add to blender with neutral oil and a pinch sea salt. Blend until smooth consistency.
- Cover and let waffle batter sit for at least 30 minutes to thicken. Then, stir batter to test thickness, if too thick add splashes more milk, blend on low to combine. (I added 1/2 cup more oat milk.)
- Spray inside of waffle maker with oil, close and turn on waffle maker to medium setting. When pre-heated, gently pour batter into waffle maker until almost full. Close and cook as instructed by waffle machine (about 4-5 minutes total), or until golden brown*.
- Remove from heat and top with your favourite jams, fruits and maple syrup.
VEGAN – VEGETARIAN – WHEAT-FREE – GLUTEN-FREE – DAIRY-FREE – SOY-FREE