I am so excited to be sharing this delicious vegan cauliflower buffalo wings recipe with you today! They are so addictive that I made it twice last week. If you haven’t tried cauliflower wings before, boy are you in for a treat. They are so easy to make, and the perfect vegan and healthy substitute for chicken wings.
In fact, since transitioning to a vegan diet, Mr. Two Spoons always tells me that the only thing he misses from his old diet is chicken wings! It’s something he says often in fact – that he can get on board with all the vegan versions of his old favourites, like vegan sausages, burgers, and hot dogs. But he really misses the chicken wings!
So, this recipe was made with my husband in mind to help him get his buffalo wing fix. And, well – it fixed it.
So, let me tell you exactly how to make these vegan cauliflower buffalo wings, so that you can get your fix too.
Vegan Cauliflower Buffalo Wings Recipe
These vegan cauliflower buffalo wings ticks all the boxes. They are:
- Comfort food
- Sweet and spicy
- Crispy and baked, with a soft and supple interior
- Low-carb and healthy
- Melt in your mouth
- Served with a creamy vegan ranch to dip
- So close to the real-deal!
Pretty much, they’re everything you would hope for in a vegan cauliflower buffalo wings recipe – actually, they’re better!
The recipe is inspired by Broma Bakery’s Buffalo Cauliflower Wings. Made vegan of course with some modifications, and then some more to taste.
I also absolutely love the homemade vegan ranch dressing for dipping. It’s made with a base of coconut yogurt for a healthy, creamy, and tangy dip.
How to make vegan cauliflower wings
Baked Cauliflower Wings
These vegan cauliflower buffalo wings are baked not fried, making it a pretty healthy options for wings. It begins by chopping the cauliflower into florets and dipping into a spiced flour mixture for the breading. Then baking the florets in the oven until crispy and golden.
While you’re waiting for the cauliflower wings to get crispy. You can prepare the bbq sauce and dip.
For the bbq sauce, I’ve used my favourite store-bought brand (easy peasy) mixed with a bit of melted coconut oil for a silky smooth texture. When the florets are nice and crispy, you can toss the cauliflower florets in the sauce.
Easy Ranch Dip
As for the ranch dip, this is a simple mix of coconut yogurt, apple cider vinegar, dill and other spices. I love this dip not only because it’s creamy and flavourful, but the ingredients are so clean. Which you often can’t find with store-bought brands.
Other recipes you might like:
If you’re digging this recipe, you might also like these:
And that’s pretty much all you need to know for making this gorgeous cauliflower wings recipe. It’s really easy and straight forward, and the perfect fix for any chicken wing craving. These cauliflower wings are healthy, wholesome, full of flavour, crispy and so comforting. They’re best enjoyed straight out of the oven with homemade vegan ranch for dipping.
And, if you do make this recipe please let me know in the comments below what you think! I truly love hearing from you, and I’m always here to answer any questions you might have. And of course, tag me on Instagram with your pictures using the hashtag #twospoons. Nothing makes me happier than to see your recreations.
Vegan Cauliflower Buffalo Wings
- 1 head cauliflower (medium sized - 2 lbs)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/2 cup coconut yogurt
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- pinch paprika
- pinch pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375F/190C. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Chop the cauliflower head into bite sized florets and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the almond milk and apple cider vinegar to make a buttermilk. Set aside.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, combine the flour, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt. Add the buttermilk and whisk until smooth and combined.
- Dip the cauliflower florets one-by-one into the batter, and roll to coat, using a spoon to scoop the batter into all the nooks and crannies. Place the florets onto the baking tray, spreading out so they are not crowded.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then flip the cauliflower florets over to bake the other side for an even bake. Bake for another 20 minutes on the other side (total of 40 minutes).
- Prepare the buffalo sauce: In a large mixing bowl combine the melted coconut oil and buffalo sauce. Mix until smooth and silky in consistency. Set aside.
- Prepare the ranch dip: In a small bowl, combine the coconut yogurt, apple cider vinegar, dill, onion powder, sea salt, paprika and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Once the cauliflower florets are crispy and baked, transfer them to the mixing bowl and toss gently to cover in the sauce. Transfer to a serving platter along with the homemade ranch for dipping.
VEGAN – DAIRY-FREE – SOY-FREE
Pin it on Pinterest!