These cauliflower nachos are healthy, cheesy, vegan and veggie loaded! It’s a delicious low-carb recipe that allows you to enjoy all the comforts of fully-loaded nachos, with a healthy spin. But most importantly, they are so freaking delish!
The recipe swaps traditional nacho chips for cauliflower, so you’re getting a wholesome vegetable-loaded dish that packs flavour.
The cauliflower “nachos” are baked until crispy and then topped with black beans, tomatoes, red onion, japaleno, vegan cheese and cilantro. It’s a delicious dish that you can feel good about indulging in. Serve this recipe as an appetizer, snack, side dish or as your entree!
Now, who wants to dive into these cauliflower nachos with me!? Let me tell you exactly how to make the recipe, so that you can enjoy them pronto!
Cauliflower Nachos Recipe
These cauliflower nachos are:
- veggie loaded
- full of flavour
- so easy to make
- 1-pan recipe
I’m sure you’re going to absolutely love this recipe, and that they will be devoured in moments, just like they were in my home.
Don’t get me wrong, I do LOVE my traditional fully loaded nachos. But you’ll be mega surprised by just how comforting this dish remains when swapping out the nachos for cauliflower.
I seem to be eating a lot of cauliflower lately. (If you haven’t tried my Cauliflower Buffalo Wings, they are a must as well!). What I love about cauliflower is how versatile it is to adopt flavours and taste, and the texture can be crispy or melt-in-your mouth.
In fact, we vegans use cauliflower a lot to make everything from these nachos to cauliflower mashed potatoes, cauliflower pizza, and cauliflower “chicken” bites. Check out this article from Delish on cauliflower recipes that you won’t even realize are vegan! Simply put, cauliflower is the chameleon of the vegetable kingdom.
How to make cauliflower nachos
Cauliflower nachos are so easy to make! They require minimal ingredients, are fast to prepare, and requires only 1-baking sheet! (In our home, Mr. Two Spoons does the washing up, so recipes like these are always well received!).
First, we will start by roasting the cauliflower until perfectly crispy. To do this, we will cut the cauliflower florets into thin strips and season with ours spices.
Spread the cauliflower onto a baking sheet and roast in the oven at 425F until the edges are crispy and browned, 20 minutes.
Next, scooch the roasted cauliflower close together and season with the toppings: black beans, tomatoes, red onion, jalapenos, and vegan mozzarella (I used the brand Daiya).
Place back in the oven to melt the cheese, 5 minutes.
And there we go, you have a gorgeously baked drool-worthy recipe for cauliflower nachos that go down all too easy! Enjoy as an appetizer, snack, or as your main dish.
Other recipes you might like:
If you’re digging this cauliflower recipe, you might also like:
- Cauliflower Buffalo Wings
- Cauliflower Chickpea Curry
- Vegan Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- Coconut Cream of Cauliflower Soup
- Cauliflower Flatbread
And there we have it! A simple, comforting, low-carb and vegan recipe for cauliflower nachos that is packed with flavour and oh-so-comforting. Trust me, you are going to love swapping out traditional nachos for this cauliflower version. It’s a healthy, wholesome and nutritious recipe that you can feel good about indulging in.
If you do make this recipe please let me know in the comments below what you think! I truly love hearing from you, and I’m always here to answer any questions you might have. And of course, tag me on Instagram with your pictures using the hashtag #twospoons. Nothing makes me happier than to see your recreations.
- 1 head cauliflower , small (about 5 cups)
- 3 to 4 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno chopped
- 1 cup vegan mozzarella
- 2 to 3 tbsp cilantro finely chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 425F/220C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and slice into 1/2-inch pieces (as best you can). Add the sliced cauliflower to a large mixing bowl and season with 3 tbsp avocado oil, nutritional yeast, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin and sea salt. Toss to combine. Add 1 tbsp more oil if needed, (cauliflower should be lightly coated with the oil).
- Spread the cauliflower onto the prepared baking sheet in an even layer and roast in the oven until crispy and golden brown around the edges, 20 minutes.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven and scooch the florets tightly together with a wooden spoon. Sprinkle with black beans, tomatoes, red onion, japaleno and vegan mozzarella. Place back in the oven to melt the cheese, 5 minutes. Remove and sprinkle with cilantro.
VEGAN – VEGETARIAN – WHEAT-FREE – GLUTEN-FREE – GRAIN-FREE – SOY-FREE – NUT-FREE – REFINED SUGAR-FREE