Who wants to dive into this bowl of Vegan Cauliflower Mac and Cheese?! Folks, this recipe is so creamy, cheesy, warm and comforting. Made with an easy, thick and velvety vegan cauliflower cheese sauce poured over macaroni noodles.
The recipe comes together in 20 minutes, for a quick and easy dinner that your family will adore! It’s such a simple way to sneak in some veggies too!
So, let me tell you exactly how to make this vegan cauliflower mac and cheese, so that you can enjoy it pronto!
Vegan Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
This vegan cauliflower mac and cheese is:
- a crowd-pleaser
- sneaky way to get your veggies!
- Quick to make! (Takes 20 minutes)
It’s all-too-easy to love this vegan cauliflower mac and cheese. Certainly, it makes the perfect weeknight dinner, and is loved by all eaters. Vegan or not.
My husband loves pasta dishes, especially cheesy ones, and he was so pleased with this recipe. (I feel like the shape of the macaroni noodles also makes this dish so comforting! Does shape of noodles do this to you too!? I love using macaroni noodles and spiral noodles for this recipe).
Lately, we seem to be on a cauliflower kick in our household! (If you haven’t tried my Cauliflower Buffalo Wings or Cauliflower Nachos they are a must as well!). What I love about cauliflower is how versatile it is to adopt flavours and taste, and the texture in sauces is silky smooth and velvety.
In fact, we vegans use cauliflower a lot to make everything from crispy nachos and wings, to cauliflower pizza, and creamy sauces like this cauliflower mac and cheese. Check out this article from Delish on cauliflower recipes that you won’t even realize are vegan! Simply put, cauliflower is the chameleon of the vegetable kingdom.
How to make vegan cauliflower mac and cheese
It’s very easy to make this vegan cauliflower mac and cheese. Which is why I love it for a mid-week dish. It also reheats really nicely for next-day leftovers.
The recipe requires minimal ingredients and it comes together in 20 minutes.
To make, we will start by simmering the ingredients (minus the macaroni) in a saucepan until the cauliflower is very soft, about 15 minutes. Then transfer to a mixer and blend until smooth. Add the smooth sauce back to the saucepan.
Meanwhile, boil the macaroni noodles in a separate pot until al-dente. Then, scoop the noodles into the saucepan and mix everything together.
And voila! You’ve got yourself a quick and easy, cheesy and creamy pasta dish. (I told you it was easy)
Other recipes you might like:
If you’re digging this recipe, you might also like these pasta recipes:
- Vegan Baked Ziti
- Pumpkin Mac and Cheese
- Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff
- Easy Mac and Cheese (Gluten-free)
- Lentil Bolognese
So there we have it! A deliciously creamy, cheesy, and comforting cauliflower mac and cheese recipe. It’s easy to make, and a great opportunity to sneak in some veggies. No doubt your family will love this recipe!
If you do make this recipe please let me know in the comments below what you think! I truly love hearing from you, and I’m always here to answer any questions you might have. And of course, tag me on Instagram with your pictures using the hashtag #twospoons. Nothing makes me happier than to see your recreations.
Vegan Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp white miso
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- pinch turmeric (optional for colour)
- 1 cup cashews
- pinch pepper for sprinkling
- pinch paprika for sprinkling (optional)
- 1 lb macaroni noodles
- Chop the cauliflower florets into small pieces and set aside. Bring a large pot of water to a boil (for the macaroni noodles).
- Melt the coconut oil in a large deep skillet on medium heat. Add the chopped shallot and garlic and cook to soften, 5 mins. Pour in the almond milk, nutritional yeast, dijon mustard, miso, sea salt and turmeric. Bring to a simmer on medium-high heat and whisk to combine.
- Add the chopped cauliflower florets and cashews into the skillet and simmer, with the lid on, until the cauliflower is very soft, 15 minutes. Transfer to a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Then pour the cheese sauce back into the skillet.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta noodles until al-dente, about 7 mins. Scoop the cooked noodles into the skillet with the sauce and mix everything to combine. Serve in bowls and sprinkle with pepper and paprika.
VEGAN – VEGETARIAN – SOY-FREE – SUGAR-FREE
Pin it on Pinterest!
Save this recipe for later. Pin it on Pinterest!