Say hello to the the BEST oven roasted potatoes! This is a simple, 4-ingredient recipe for ultra crispy, golden, salty and flavourful oven-roasted potatoes that your family will love. This is my go-to recipe for roasted potatoes, which I make weekly and it never disappoints.
All-in-all it’s an easy and comforting side dish for potatoes that are crispy on the outside, and fluffy on the inside. There is no better side dish, if you ask me.
So, let me tell you exactly how to make the best oven-roasted potatoes!
Best Oven Roasted Potatoes
These oven roasted potatoes are:
- Crispy on the outside
- Soft and fluffy on the inside
- salty and flavourful!
- use only 4 ingredients
- requires just 35 minutes to make
I make this recipe on a weekly basis because my husband, Mitch, loves them so much! And I love to serve them when we have guests because they are such a crowd-pleaser. It’s one of those staple side dishes, which I make so often now that I usually just eye ball the recipe. This is what I love so much about it. Once you make it a few times, you’ll never forget how to do it. And they taste amazing every time.
How to roast potatoes in the oven:
My method for roasting potatoes in the oven is simple:
- Roast at high heat
- Don’t over-crowd the baking tray
- Stir after the first 20 mins
The recipe is fuss-free and always gives great results. Some recipes will tell you it’s important to soak potatoes in advance to get them extra crispy, but I never find this step necessary with these roasted potatoes. Simply toss the ingredients together and roast away!
If you’re having trouble getting perfectly roasted potatoes, I think you’re going to find this recipe very helpful! And, here’s an article from Food and Wine goes into the common mishaps to avoid when cooking with potatoes. I pretty much agree with everything in the article, except the par-boiling, As I mentioned, I really don’t find the extra effort necessary for my recipe.
How to make the best oven roasted potatoes
Preheat oven to 425F/220C and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Toss all your ingredients in a mixing bowl to combine.
Pour the potatoes onto the baking tray and spread out so they are not overcrowded.
Roast for 30-35 minutes, or until golden and crispy on the outside. Stir after 20 minutes for a more even roast.
And that’s all there is to it! I told you it couldn’t be easier to master these oven roasted potatoes.
Other recipes you might like:
If you’re digging this recipe, you might also like these:
- Crispy Smashed Potatoes
- Baked Sweet Potato Wedges
- Black Bean Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Baked Potatoes with Mushroom and Spinach
So there we have it. A super simple recipe for the best oven baked potatoes that are crispy and golden on the outside, and light and fluffy on the insight. They are perfectly salty and flavour packed. I know you’re going to be making this recipe over and over; since it’s such a crowd-pleasing dish.
If you do make this recipe please let me know in the comments below what you think! I truly love hearing from you, and I’m always here to answer any questions you might have. And of course, tag me on Instagram with your pictures using the hashtag #twospoons. Nothing makes me happier than to see your recreations.
Best Oven Roasted Potatoes
- 1.5 lb baby potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp sea salt more for sprinkling
- pinch pepper for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 425F/220C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Wash the baby potatoes and pat very well dry. Cut the larger baby potatoes into quarters and the smaller potatoes into halves (to be of more uniform size).
- Add the baby potatoes to a large mixing bowl and toss with the olive oil, dill and sea salt. Pour into the baking tray and spread to even. Roast in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes until crispy and golden on the outside. (Stir after 20 minutes of roasting for a more even bake).
- Serve roasted potatoes hot, sprinkle with more sea salt and pepper and serve with ketchup or your favourite dipping sauce.
VEGAN – GLUTEN-FREE – GRAIN-FREE – SOY-FREE – SUGAR-FREE – NUT-FREE
Pin it on Pinterest!
Save this recipe for later. Pin it on Pinterest!