These Nutty Cranberry Quinoa Holidays Bars – wrap them up and put them under the Christmas tree please!! Because all I want for Christmas are these bars. They are a heavenly blend of toasted nuts, quinoa, and tart cranberries. Is there anything more Christmasy than that?!
Oh fa la la la la, just looking at these bars has got me reminiscing about their heavenly crunch and fruity tart taste. That’s my kind of sweet treat! You may know I am a sucker for nuts and dried fruit, and when blended together, and then cut into rectangles so I can pick them up in one fowl swoop – that’s the dream. I can’t help but eat one after the other, basking in each bite, until there’s nothing left but a crumb. Honestly, it’s embarrassing how greedy I become over these holidays bars. Hopefully Santa’s not watching! Because I think Dr. Seuss created The Grinch character after me and my greedy obsession for these.
“I’ll save some bars for you,” to her husband she told,
But she left nothing on the plate, but some ribbon in gold.
And the one speck of food she he left in the house,
was a crumb that was even too small for a mouse.
My bad… I just can’t help but go NUTS for these nut bars. They’re made by toasting quinoa, almonds, pistachio, and hazelnuts until the nutty perfume warms your kitchen with it’s intoxicating scent. Then they’re mixed with tart dried cranberry paste (by processing dried cranberries with apple cider vinegar). Bake them in the oven for 20 minutes and you’ll have the entire street knocking at your door asking you to make the most of the Christmas spirit and share some of these tasty treats. Bah hum bug! (You have my permission to go Scroodgy on these peeps!).
But really, I’m certain these Nutty Cranberry-Quinoa Holiday Bars will be loved by all. They are a heavenly treat that’s bound to have you coming back for another, (and another, and another)…. But that’s what Christmas is all about right? Eating all the holiday bars to yourself! Er, I mean sharing with your loved ones! (And for those of you not so blessed with the skill of abnegation – you might want to make two batches). 😉
Nutty Cranberry Quinoa Bars
- 1/2 cup quinoa uncooked
- 1/2 cup almonds chopped
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts chopped
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 1 cup cranberries
- 4 medjool dates pits removed
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350F /180C. In a baking dish add uncooked quinoa, chopped almonds, hazelnuts, and pistachios. Roast in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Then remove from oven and let cool. Reduce oven to 200F/110C.
- In a food processor add dried cranberries, dates, maple syrup and apple cider vinegar. Blend until it forms a paste. Scoop into a large bowl with toasted nuts/quinoa.
- Lightly oil a baking dish (I used a 10x7 inch baking dish) and pour in mixture. Press mixture firmly to make an even layer. Bake for 20-25 mins, or until no longer sticky. Remove from oven and let cool entirely. Cut into 12 bars.
VEGAN – VEGETARIAN – WHEAT-FREE – GLUTEN-FREE – DAIRY-FREE – SOY-FREE