Happy Halloween! Well, it’s not until Tuesday, but I’m already in the mood for magical food! So say hello to these halloween themed smoothie parfaits. Best to practice indulging in enchanted treats in advanced of the 31st to better prepare us, don’t ya think?
These Halloween Smoothie Parfaits are made with an orange smoothie blend of persimmon, frozen bananas, and mango. Layered on top of a chia charcoal pudding as the base. The chia charcoal pudding was made using fresh pressed juice that I bought from The Daily Juicery near chez moi. I used their Black 1.0 juice. It’s the activated charcoal in this drink which gives its vivid black hue. And although it may not look it at first glance (to most people at least), this black juice is delicious! In fact, I am drinking another glass of it as we speak. It’s pressed with apples, lemon, kiwi, basil and activated charcoal. The taste is both sweet and refreshing! And I love using it to make black chia pudding as it offers a more fruity taste vs. the classic milky chia pudding we are typically used to.
In fact, this combo of black chia pudding with creamy smoothie is…WICKED! After tasting them both the smoothie and chia separately, hubby and I think an optimal spoonful has a mix of each. A little black and orange that’s both halloween themed and delicious! I don’t know whether were under some sort of spell, but these smoothie parfaits seemed to disappear right before our eyes.
So go ahead and trick-and-treat yourself with these boo-tiful jars.
Have a Happy Halloween!
Halloween Smoothie Parfaits
- 2 tbsp chia seeds heaping
- 1 cup water or apple juice
- 1/4 tsp activated charcoal powder
- 3 bananas frozen and chopped
- 1/2 cup mango frozen and chopped
- 1/2 cup almond milk plus more if needed
- Combine chia seeds, water (or apple juice) and charcoal powder. Stir, then wait 10 minutes and stir again to stop clumps from forming. Place in fridge to absorb overnight, or at least 15 minutes.
- When to eat stir chia pudding to remove any formed clumps. Divide between two bowls or jars.
- In a blender add frozen banana, mangos and almond milk. Blend until smooth. Add splashes more almond milk if needed for blending. Top chia pudding with orange smoothie and serve.
VEGAN – VEGETARIAN – WHEAT-FREE – GLUTEN-FREE – DAIRY-FREE – SOY-FREE – NUT-FREE – RAW