Hope you’re having a fab Monday! Today I’m sharing with you some quick and easy lunch inspo with these Green Goddess Wraps! A perfect workweek lunch to have you feeling clean, lean and glowing throughout the week.
This recipe is really simple to throw together for a healthy yet wholesome lunch. Made by combining mashed avocado, arugula, purple cabbage, edamame, and zucchini. Then wrapped in a warm wholegrain tortilla, this is a wrap you’ll have on repeat.
I call this blend my green goddess wraps because it’s filled with healthy green veg. Each offer different flavour and texture for a delicious dream wrap. The mashed avocado is nice and creamy, the arugula is peppery, the cabbage and zucchini add crunch, and the edamame gives us our protein fix. The parsley also helps to brighten the dish, as well as a squeeze of lemon, and some salt, pepper and cayenne for a little extra flavour.
I sort of like to think of this lunch as “salad in a wrap”. I love having salads for lunch, but they can leave me feeling hungry again in just a couple hours. However, I find wrapping them in a some warm whole-wheat tortilla is just what I need to provide a little extra sustenance to the green dish.
For a little extra pizzaz I’ve warmed the tortilla in a non-stick skillet for a couple minutes on medium heat with a bit of coconut oil. I love how the warm tortilla adds a little more comfort to the healthy wrap, especially as the cooler weather comes creeping in. The inside is crunchy and refreshing, while the outside is warm and comforting.
Altogether, it’s a fast lunch recipe that you can feel good about indulging in. It’s perfect for the workweek to toss together in just minutes, and it keeps you full and satiated. it would also make a beautiful start to the day if you prefer savoury breakfasts over sweet. I hope you enjoy these green goddess wraps as much as I do. And, if you do make this recipe please let me know in the comments below what you think! I love hearing from you. And of course, tag me on Instagram with the hashtag #twospoons. Nothing makes me happier than to see your recreations.
Happy new week!
Green Goddess Wraps
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- 2 whole-wheat tortilla wraps
- 1/3 cup purple cabbage , thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup arugula
- 1/3 cup zucchini spiralled (or, grated)
- 1/2 cup edamame beans
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- pinch sea salt
- pinch pepper
- pinch cayenne pepper
- more lemon juice to squeeze
- In a bowl mash avocado with a fork. Add lemon juice and mix to combine. Place to the side.
- Bring a non-stick skillet to medium heat and add coconut oil. Warm tortillas in skillet for 1-2 minutes on each side. Then, remove from heat and fill the centre with purple cabbage, spiralled zucchini, arugula, and edamame beans. Divide mashed avocado between the two wraps, and sprinkle with fresh parsley, sea salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Add more lemon juice as desired.
- Roll wraps by tucking in the bottom towards the centre and folding in the two sides.
VEGAN – VEGETARIAN – DAIRY-FREE – SOY-FREE – NUT-FREE