Hi guys! I’m back! And bringing you this Creamy Vegan Mushroom Pasta recipe!
I know it’s been a while since I posted here on the blog. Thank you for being so patient with me. The past few weeks were so busy with me finalizing my cookbook manuscript (launching Spring 2022!!!) that I didn’t have any time for my normal recipe creations and blog posting. I really want to bring you the best book possible, and so I poured all my resources into it.
And I must say, I am SO proud of my cookbook to-be. I think you guys are going to LOVE the recipes I’ve put together, so many of which tribute my time in France – and loaded with lots of healthy and wholesome dishes!
But boy does it feel good to get back to my routine, and bring new recipes to the blog for your enjoyment. Starting with this deliciously comforting Creamy Vegan Mushroom Pasta. This recipe is fast and simple to make, and so wholesome and comforting. Featuring a creamy coconut based mushroom sauce, with spinach and wholewheat spaghetti noodles.
Creamy Vegan Mushroom Pasta Recipe
This is a great weeknight dinner recipe because it’s fast and easy to make. All-in-all it should take you 20 minutes to throw this dish together. The ingredient list is minimal, with just 12 ingredients, most of which you likely already have in your pantry.
To reiterate, this recipe is:
- easy weeknight dinner
- 20-minute recipe
- veggie loaded with mushrooms and spinach!
Cooking the mushrooms
A tip for cooking the mushrooms in this recipe is to do it in 2 batches. This way your mushrooms will brown beautifully. If you overcrowd the mushrooms, they won’t brown as well. The high water content might stop them from browning and instead they’ll be a little more grey and watery in texture.
Vegan Mushroom Pasta Sauce
Essentially, once you are done cooking the mushrooms you are ready to finish the pasta sauce. Add some thyme, garlic and sliced shallot to the mushrooms, then pour in the coconut milk. (A little all-purpose flour will also help to thicken the mixture). You will find all the details in the recipe instructions below.
Finally, I like to finish this dish by adding some spinach. (I’m a sucker for getting in your greens! and this is the perfect way to do so). Add the spinach to wilt and top with cooked spaghetti noodles. Mix everything together and voila – you have yourself an easy, creamy, wholesome dinner that everyone will adore. Mr. Two Spoons absolutely loved this one! Which is why I have given it my husband stamp of approval.
There really isn’t much more to know about mushroom pasta than that! You are well on your way to acing this recipe!
Other recipes you might like:
And, if your digging this pasta dish, you might also like these:
And, if you do make this recipe please let me know in the comments below what you think! I love hearing from you. And of course, tag me on Instagram with the hashtag #twospoons. Nothing makes me happier than to see your recreations.
Creamy Vegan Mushroom Pasta
- 8 oz whole-wheat spaghetti noodles (225 g)
- 4 tbsp olive oil divided
- 16 oz cremini mushrooms , sliced
- 2 shallots , peeled and finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic , finely chopped
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 can coconut milk (13.5 oz/400ml)
- 5 oz spinach
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- Start by bringing a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil to a large deep skillet and bring to medium-high heat. Cook 1/2 the batch of sliced mushrooms until browned, about 12 minutes. Transfer the mushrooms to a bowl and fry the second batch in the skillet using the same method, with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Pour all the mushrooms back into the skillet and add the garlic, shallots, thyme, and salt. Cook for a few minutes, until the shallots are softened.
- Add the all purpose flour to the mushrooms and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Then add the coconut milk, reduce heat to a low simmer. Add the spinach and lemon juice and cover with the lid to wilt the spinach. Keep the sauce on very low heat.
- Cook the spaghetti according to package instructions, until al-dente. Scoop the pasta out of the pot and into the mushroom sauce with 2 to 3 tablespoons of reserved pasta water to thin. Mix to combine and serve.
VEGAN – VEGETARIAN – SUGAR-FREE – NUT-FREE – SOY-FREE
Pin this recipe for later