Sharing this quick recipe for Roasted Chickpeas and Avocado Toast. A fully loaded gourmet toast that’s warm, savoury, comforting, and satiating. I like to enjoy this for breakfast, a simple lunch, or snack.
The recipe takes no more than 10 minutes to throw together. Made by smashing avocado onto thick sourdough toast, and roasting chickpeas in the oven until lightly crunchy and warm.
Certainly, this recipe will take your toast game to the next level. (And who knew gourmet could be so simple).
So, let me tell you exactly how to make this Roasted Chickpeas and Avocado Toast
Roasted Chickpeas and Avocado Toast
The ingredients for this recipe is simple. And it’s likely you already have the ingredients in your kitchen.
You will need:
- 1 can chickpeas
- neutral oil
- sea salt
- sourdough bread
Tips for this making this Roasted Chickpeas and Avocado Toast:
I mean, we’re not talking about rocket science here. This recipe is ultra simple and so my tips for making this recipe are few.
My only recommendation is to prepare this recipe when you want to eat it! Not in advanced. That’s because avocadoes go brown when exposed to air for an extended period of time. (Plus, who wants to eat cold toast?)
Good new is this recipe could’t be more fast and simple. So you can fix yourself this toast with a grumbly belly and be satiating it stat.
Other ways to enjoy roasted chickpeas
Or, I even eat them on their own, popping them into my mouth like popcorn! Certainly, you are not limited in ways to enjoy these chickpeas. Feel free to get creative!
Watch my latest recipe
Other recipes you might like:
And if you’re digging this recipe, you might also like these toast posts:
- Peanut Butter and Coconut Yogurt Toast
- Fried Apple and Almond Butter Toast
- Persimmon Bruschetta Holiday Appetizer
And there you have it. A simple toast recipe with roasted chickpeas and smashed avocado that takes toasting to the next level. This fully loaded toast is so gourmet, yet so easy to throw together for a quick breakfast, lunch or snack. Enjoy every savoury bite of this masterpiece.
Roasted Chickpea and Avocado Toast
- 1.5 cup chickpeas (1-400mL/16 oz. can, drained)
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp olive oil , plus more to drizzle
- pinch sea salt
- 1 avocado
- 2 slices sourdough bread , 1-inch thick
- sea salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C. Strain chickpeas and pat dry. Toss into a mixing bowl with paprika, olive oil and a generous pinch of sea salt. Mix to combine. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and pour chickpeas onto tray. Bake in oven for 5 minutes, or until lightly brown and sizzling.
- Toast two slices sourdough bread. Scoop avocado onto bread and gently press down with a fork to mash and spread even. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Top toast with roasted chickpeas. Optional to sprinkle with more sea salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Lightly drizzle with more olive oil.
VEGAN – VEGETARIAN – SOY-FREE – SUGAR-FREE