Hi guys! I’ve got a Quick and Easy Vegan Pho recipe with Creamy Miso Broth for you. To help you stay warm and cozy on this very chilly Tuesday. I can’t believe it, but it’s actually snowing here in Lille!
I know it sounds funny, a Canadian surprised about seeing snow. But here in France it always rains, and never snows and so I’m totally feeling nostalgic with the winter wonderland vibes. This also has me craving warm and comforting bowls to heat me to the core.
This morning started with a hot bowl of oatmeal for breakfast. And for lunch I’m looking at this quick and easy pho. It’s a great healthy soup recipe that can be whipped together in minutes for lunch or dinner.
The recipe starts by simmering miso, ginger, chilli flakes, lime leaves and soy sauce in veg broth. It’s got all the umami flavours you need. I’ve made the broth nice and creamy by adding some coconut milk at the end. It’s a really nice touch for an ultra cozy bowl.
But it’s not just the broth that makes this bowl so cozy and wholesome. I’ve chopped and added tofu, sweet potato noodles, and soba noodles. With some wilted bok choy. The ingredients are simple but oh so good! And paired with my perfectly spiced creamy miso broth you’re looking at comfort in a bowl.
I find that pho so perfectly combines a healthy and light meal with comforting and wholesome. It’s ingredients are bright and refreshing, making pho a light and healthy soup for lunch or dinner. Yet, the noodles make the bowl SO comforting. There is no better feeling than slurping up warm noodles in a flavourful broth to warm our bellies and hearts. What’s more is the coconut cream in this broth. The coconut cream makes the broth extra lush and comforting. I love how it adds creaminess to the dish for a sensational flavour rich bowl.
After serving, I’ve added chopped peanut, fresh cilantro and green onion to top. It’s the final touch to a beautiful dish. The outcome is a heavenly easy vegan pho to slurp and savour.
This Quick and Easy Vegan Pho with Creamy Miso Broth is one to add to your list of winter soup recipes. Both cozy and light, it’s the perfect recipe for those looking to be a bit more health conscious during January without compromising on taste. I hope you enjoy these bowls to the fullest! And, if you do make this recipe please let me know in the comments below what you think! I love hearing from you. And of course, tag me on Instagram with the hashtag #twospoons. Nothing makes me happier than to see your recreations.
Quick & Easy Vegan Pho with Creamy Miso Broth
- 2 tsp miso white shiro
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger , grated
- pinch chili flakes
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 100 g extra firm tofu
- 1 sweet potato small (optional)
- 135 g soba noodles
- 1 bok choy (or two baby bok choy)
- 100 ml canned coconut milk
- 1/2 lime , juiced
- 2 green onion , diced (for topping)
- peanuts , chopped(for topping)
- fresh cilantro , chopped (for topping)
- In a small bowl add miso with a splash hot water. Whisk to combine. Then pour miso liquid into a large pot with vegetable broth, ginger, chilli flakes, lime leaves and soy sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Chop tofu into small bite sized cubes, and spiralize sweet potato into noodles. Add tofu and sweet potato noodles to pot and simmer for 1-2 minutes. Then add soba noodles and cook for 5 minutes, or as directed on package. Chop bok choy and add to soup. Finally, pour in coconut milk and lime juice, stir to combine.
- Divide pho into bowls and top with chopped peanuts, green onion and cilantro.
VEGAN – VEGETARIAN – WHEAT-FREE – GLUTEN-FREE – DAIRY-FREE