This Mango Coconut Quinoa makes a delicious lunch or dinner! It’s healthy, vegan, gluten-free and fuss-free.
The ingredients are simple, making it a quick and easy recipe, (especially during the work-week when we have busy schedules). It’s made by sautéing spinach with a bit of coconut oil. Then adding cooked quinoa and mango chunks, and finally pouring in some coconut milk and a splash of lemon juice.
This Mango Coconut Quinoa dish is part of my 3-day Cleanse, but I make it all the time when looking for a wholesome and healthy lunch. The coconut cream makes it deliciously comforting, and the fats help to keep you full. We are sneaking in quite a bit of greens by sautéing the spinach. (I also like to use kale, but it’s not always easy to find in France).
Quinoa is a gluten-free grain and high in protein, which is great for keeping us full and satiated. Sprinkled with a little cayenne pepper and sea salt to sprinkle and it’s a heavenly healthy dish.
Enjoy this Mango Coconut Quinoa for lunch or dinner. Or, have it amongst my 3-Day Cleanse if you’re looking to re-energize and de-bloat.
Recipe inspired by Danette May.
Mango Coconut Quinoa
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 handful spinach, chopped (about 1 cup tightly packed. You can also use kale)
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup mango, cubed
- cayenne pepper, to sprinkle
- sea salt, to sprinkle
- In a skillet add coconut oil and chopped spinach (or kale). Sautee spinach on medium-high heat until wilted and bright green (approx. 3 minutes).
- Whisk coconut milk, water and lemon together. Add cooked quinoa and mango to skillet and pour in coconut mixture. Stir until warm and combined. Transfer to plate and sprinkle with cayenne pepper to taste, and a bit of sea salt.
VEGAN – VEGETARIAN – WHEAT-FREE – GLUTEN-FREE – DAIRY-FREE – SOY-FREE – NUT-FREE
Disclaimer: This 3-Day Cleanse is not a substitute for direct, personal, professional medical care and diagnosis. Consult your physician or health care provider before starting. If you are pregnant or nursing, consult your physician before starting. The information contained within is not intended to provide specific physical or mental health advice, or any other advice whatsoever, for any individual or company and should not be relied upon in that regard. It is based on my personal experience and opinion. I am not a medical professional, and nothing in this 3-Day Cleanse or my website should be misconstrued to mean otherwise.