Pasta for dinner anyone? This recipe is super easy to toss together, and is by far the ultimate summer pasta dish! Made with Casarecce noodles it’s mixed with all the herbs making it so fresh tasting and light! I made this for dinner last week when inviting some friends over for dinner and it was a HUGE hit! So I’m happy no announce that this recipe is most definitely vegan-skeptic approved!
In fact, this pasta dish was so popular that I recreated it again for dinner last night. And it was just as delicious as we remembered! You should have heard the “mmmm-ing” we were making from across the table after each bite! We were singing! In fact maybe it’s better nobody heard as we sounded much like bad choir warming up! hehe.
What I love most about this recipe though is that it’s super simple and easy to create. With less than 10 ingredients it can quickly be tossed together. My only advice if you are in a rush is to be careful with the more tender herbs – mint and basil are sensitive to heat, and so you want to make sure your pasta is not steaming hot when adding them. I was victim to this yesterday, adding them too soon to the dish. So, if you’re in a hurry I’d say skip these basil and mint and double up on the parsley and chives. Or, wait until the very end to add these tender leaves.
And that’s pretty much it folks! This recipe is easy peasy lemon squeezy! Which reminds me that you won’t wan’t forget that squeeze of lemon! It’s essential for the light and bright taste!
Hope you soak up the last of summer with this gorgeous pasta dish – it’s light, bright and delicious!
Bon Appetit my friends. 😉
Fresh and Herby Summer Pasta
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp avocado oil or other neutral oil
- 1 packet pasta of choice (500g)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1/4 cup chives chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup mint leaves chopped
- 1/4 cup basil chopped
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper optional
- Preheat oven to 200C /400F. Paint cherry tomatoes with avocado oil and bake for 15 mins, or until bright and bursted. Remove from oven and place to the side.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add noodles and cook spaghetti until just al-dente (approx. 5 minutes). Strain noodles.
- Transfer noodles back to pot and drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice. Add tomatoes and corn, chickpeas, and chopped chives, parsley, mint and basil. Sprinkle with sea salt and cayenne (optional). Toss to combine.
VEGAN – VEGETARIAN – DAIRY-FREE – SOY-FREE – NUT-FREE