On Friday’s we eat chocolate! And well deserved I would say after a crazy week of work! There is nothing more peaceful than nomming on these Chocolate Peanut Truffle Balls served with steamy coffee all weekend long. Yep, I plan to devour all of these before Sunday. Easily done given they’re made with chocolate, peanut butter, dates and runny honey. You wouldn’t judge me for snagging two or three of these at breakfast would you?
But the credit for these beauties goes to Papaya Sunshine as, or as I call her around this house – the Queen of decadent sweet treats. She is the inspiration behind these truffle balls. Actually, more the inspiration behind every sweet treat that floods my dreams. My husband likes to tease me for drooling all over my pillow while I’m sleeping; I like to inform him that I’m actually dreaming of Papaya Sunshine’s double chocolate & cashew cream stuffed cookies! (Must turn this dream into reality ASAP!).
And I’ve been dying to make her oh-so-easy truffle balls that are SO rich and decadent you will forget your name. Enjoy with coffee, or if you’re like Marie you can top them on smoothie bowls and chia pudding for an extra chocolate boost. (Remind me to double my run path for this weekend – because I’m absolutely participating in chocolatey sin!).
I have made some slight modifications to Papaya Sunshines recipe, adding leftover almond meal I had from making almond milk; I have SO much almond meal recently and adding them to bliss balls is such a great way to use itm instead of throwing it away! I also found that adding the almond meal made it much easier to roll into little bliss balls. And when you can turn that almond meal into these decadent beautiful you won’t want to through it away! You’re basically throwing away a box of truffles! And nobody wants that!
Hope you enjoy these beautiful bliss balls. Big thanks to my queen idol Marie for the inspo on these babes.
Chocolate Peanut Truffle Balls
- In a bowl, combine melted coconut oil, cocoa powder, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- In a food processor add dates, almond meal, peanut butter, cinnamon, and salt. Blend until combined, approx. 2 minutes.
- Next, pour the wet ingredients from your saucepan into your food processor. Blend until combined and doughy.
- Lather palms with a bit of coconut oil and roll the batter into bite sized balls, approx 2 inches in diameter. (The coconut oil will stop your hands from sticking to the dough, apply more as needed).
- Place truffle balls on parchment paper and continue process until you've used up all the dough. Add a spoonful of cocoa powder to a fine mesh strainer and sprinkle over the truffle balls to cover each with cocoa powder.
VEGAN – VEGETARIAN – WHEAT-FREE – DAIRY-FREE – SOY-FREE – RAW